Hymenoplasty is the way to re-establish the torn hymen intactness through which the indication of virginity can be presumed. Either a person is an unmarried with pre-marriage intercourse or a person involved in physical activities like sports, etc. The process of Hymenoplasty involves the reconstruction of hymen by utilising the leftover of torn hymen.
There are various procedures to perform Hymenoplasty.
- The basic technique is that if there are some remains of the hymen, it can be stitched back together.
- The Alloplant technique is followed when the remnants cannot be stitched back together.
- Hymen Reconstruction is followed by constructing a new hymen using tissues from the lip of the vagina.
What care is necessary after Hymenoplasty?
- You need to keep the area clean and take antibiotics constantly to avoid any infection.
- You should use warm compresses and ice-packs to ease pain and swelling.
- You have to take a bath 2-3 days after having the surgery
- You have to avoid having intercourse until 8 weeks of surgery.
The advancement in medical technology have given effective treatments with long lasting effects and the result are witnessed for a longer period of time. With proper care, the hymen will be restored till the next intercourse.